Monday, January 6, 2014

Easy Green Vegan Smoothie


Typical, right?  Beginning of January and I'm coming at you with a green smoothie.  Because if you're familiar with my New Year's Resolutions, you'll know that I'm trying to make smarter meal choices, starting with this smoothie.  

I think green smoothies are one of the easiest ways to eat spinach but still feel like you're having something indulgent because who doesn't love a smoothie?!  This version is the one I make the most frequently simply because it's so easy to have all the ingredients on hand or in the freezer.  Plus, prepping in advance (like pre-chopping and freezing a bunch of bananas) makes whipping this green baby up a matter of minutes.  

I fully intend to experiment with a variety of new smoothies and I'd love recipe ideas!  What's your favorite healthy smoothie?

Easy Green Vegan Smoothie
serves 1

Ingredients

  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped or torn
  • 1/2 cup banana, frozen and sliced 
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
  •  2 tablespoons chia seeds 
Directions
1.  In a blender, add almond milk and spinach and blend until totally smooth and pale green.  Add bananas and blend until thickened and smooth.  Add blueberries and blend until fully incorporated.  Add chia seeds and blend very briefly to distribute.  
2.  Drink immediately or store in a sealed container overnight.  

Enjoy!

Recipe an Annie's City Kitchen original

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Annie, I too am on a health trip... Whizzed up a kiwi and strawberry smoothie for this morning's brekkie. Love smoothies, so simple. Gonna try your one too, like the idea of the hidden spinach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE kiwi! That sounds so bright and delicious. And I swear, you can't taste the spinach at all in this smoothie. Gotta sneak it in where you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very delicious and healthy smoothie. I love this vegan smoothie

    ReplyDelete