Monday, September 1, 2014

August Beauty Favorites

This will be the last batch of summer beauty faves!  I can't say I'm disappointed.  Fall will forever have my heart and I'm ready for dark lips and sweaters.  

Let's take a peaky-poo at what was on my mug this last month.  

Ok shower stuff first:



aussie 3 minute miracle review

Caress Juicy Escape- Hands-down, 100%, without question my absolute favorite scent EVER in a body wash.  It's so soapy fresh but with a hint of bright citrus.  If I could find a perfume like this I'd wear nothing else ever again.  The best part, the scent lingers after showering.  That NEVER happens for me.  Oh, and it's cheap.  Win!

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moisture- My hair was in a bad state for awhile and nothing was working.  I've tried a bunch of deep conditioning treatments and thought I was just gonna need to give my hair the ol' chop before I found 3 Minute Miracle.  I use it about 3 times a week and it has saved my hair.  
Clarisonic Mia review
Clarisonic Mia- The Clarisonic is the single most effective skincare item I have EVER used.  I went through a period of a few months where my skin was just angry.  I was constantly breaking out and the breakouts took forever to clear up.  Since I've gotten the Clarisonic, I've had maybe one or two tiny spots in the span of a month.  I am stunned at the difference.  If you've got the money to invest in a skincare item, I strongly recommend this!  I think it gives my skin a deeper clean than it's ever had and it allows products to absorb better.  Worth every penny.  
maybelline dream wonder foundation review

Revlon Photoready Primer- I've talked about this primer before and it continues to be on of my faves.  It's such a great no-nonsense primer that blurs the skin and makes a perfect base.  It doesn't feel too slippy and I think it even provides a bit of grip for my go-to foundation lately.  

Maybelline Dream Wonder Foundation in Classic Ivory- Given my new "good skin" days lately (and a bout of very humid days), I've been reaching a lighter foundation.  I love the "liquid to powder" foundations because they feel so light and provide such a nice finish.  I still finish with a setting powder in this heat but I find this decently long wearing on it's own too.  
milani luminoso review, too faced chocolate bronzer review
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Milk Chocolate- Now that I've got some color to my otherwise pale skin, I've been loving this Chocolate Bronzer.  I tend to reach for cool-toned bronzers because they just suite my skin better and this fits the bill.  Sometimes I'll even use only this and go for a slightly heavier contour with no blush.  Plus, it smells like chocolate.  Duh.  

Milani Blush in Luminoso- I've had this blush forever and have only just realized how perfect it is.  It's such a perfect shade to wake up my skin without looking like I'm wearing blush.  I think I even prefer it to Nars Orgasm.  Goes with anything and makes me look luminous! 

Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Setting Powder- This was a Sephora feebie and I'm reeealllly loving it.  Previously, I was using an Hourglass powder to set my makeup (which I still totally love) but this powder is practically invisible on the skin.  A light dusting on the T-zone is totally perfect to blur everything a bit and set makeup.  
tarte lights camera flases review
Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather in Creamy Beige- I am madly in love with this.  It's the perfect "no makeup makeup" look for my eyes.  The texture really is creamy and leathery and the color is a warm brown that's a few shades darker than my skin.  I use this is a base for other shadows or I'll just wear it on it's own and blend up through the crease for some contour.  A quick staple!  

Tarte Lights Camera Flashes Mascara- Every few months or so I decide to splurge on a high-end mascara and I'm so pleased with this one.  It's intensely black and the perfect blend of lengthening and volumizing.  The brush is pretty amazing too.  It provides a ton of separation and creates lashes where none exist! 
the body shop color crush shine review
Lips!

The Body Shop Color Crush Shine Lipsticks- Doesn't even matter the color, the formula is pure perfection.  These are the most wearable and comfortable lipsticks I've ever worn.  The colors are super vibrant but don't bleed or feather.  They're not super particularly long lasting and will require a touchup after eating but given how comfortable these are otherwise, I don't mind at all.  I've been finishing it off with the MAC Alluring Aquatics lipgloss that I believe is no longer available.  :/

So what were your August faves?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment